How To Stop Spotify From Opening on Startup: A Comprehensive Guide
Spotify, the leading audio streaming platform, enriches the lives of millions with its vast music and podcast library. However, some users struggle with the annoyance of Spotify automatically launching at startup. If you’re among them, fret not! In this comprehensive guide, we will explore various methods to stop Spotify from opening on startup in Windows. By following these steps, you can ensure a smoother startup experience tailored to your preferences.
How To Stop Spotify From Opening on Startup in Windows
You can solve the problem of Spotify opening at startup with a few simple steps. We’ll go through all the possible methods, and you can try them individually. I’m confident that these solutions will help you avoid this issue.
Adjusting Spotify Settings
You can resolve the problem of Spotify starting up automatically by adjusting the settings within your Spotify app. Here’s a straightforward guide on how to do it:
- Launch the Spotify app on your Windows PC by clicking the Spotify icon.
- Log in to your Spotify account using your credentials.
- Click on the three dots located in the top-left corner.
- A list of options will appear; select Edit.
- In the subsequent menu, choose Preferences.
- The Settings page will open; click on SHOW ADVANCED SETTINGS.
- Scroll down to find Startup and Window Behavior.
- Under this option, locate a drop-down menu and select NO.
Read more: How To Connect Spotify to Discord
Using Windows Task Manager
Another way to address this problem is by using the Task Manager. To resolve the issue, follow these simple steps using the Task Manager:
- Open the Task Manager on your Windows PC by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc or right-clicking the Windows icon and selecting Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager, select the Startup tab.
- If you don’t see the Startup tab, click More to reveal it.
- Locate Spotify in the list of installed apps on your PC.
- Right-click on Spotify and choose Disable.
Read more: How to Connect Spotify to TV in 5 Ways
Using Windows Settings
If none of the previous methods proved effective for you, you can give this one a shot to resolve the Spotify startup issue. To tackle the problem of Spotify launching at startup, follow the steps outlined below:
- Open Windows Settings by clicking on the Start menu and selecting Settings, or press the Windows key + I.
- Click on Apps from the left sidebar.
- On the right side, click on Startup.
- Find Spotify in the list of startup apps and turn the toggle switch off if it’s enabled.
Here are some reasons why you might want to stop Spotify from opening on startup:
- You want to free up resources on your computer.
- You don’t want Spotify to start playing music automatically when you turn on your computer.
- You want to prevent Spotify from automatically updating.
How To Stop Spotify From Opening on Startup in macOS
- Open Spotify.
- Click on the Spotify menu bar item and select Preferences.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Under the Startup and Window Behavior section, uncheck the box next to Open Spotify automatically after you log in.
How To Stop Spotify From Opening on Startup in Android
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on Apps & notifications.
- Scroll down and tap on Spotify.
- Tap on Permissions.
- Tap on Autostart.
- Toggle the switch off to disable Spotify from starting automatically.
Read more: Spotify vs Deezer Comparison
In conclusion, we’ve explored several methods to prevent Spotify from automatically launching on Windows startup. These steps ensure you have options to choose from, tailored to your preferences. Implementing these solutions will enhance your startup experience and allow you to have greater control over your system’s resources.
You can enjoy a more personalized and streamlined computing experience by taking charge of Spotify’s behavior at startup. Hopefully, this article has provided the information you need to address this common issue. If you found this article helpful, consider sharing it with friends who might also be seeking a solution to this inconvenience. Together, we can make your Windows startup smoother and more efficient.